Tel: 00 44 7971 402370
Courtyard House in a Historic Hamlet
The house has been rated as a 3 Star Property in France.
Inside, it is very spacious with lots of natural light and is furnished to the highest standard for 7 guests. A perfect base for exploring the Vendee and its history - or simply to relax and enjoy rural France and it's Atlantic coastline.
The house is located near the village of Sigournais and its medieval château. The nearest large shopping centre is 10 minutes away in Chantonnay, although there is a small supermarket in Sigournais where you can buy virtually everything that you might need and this is only 5 minutes away.
The Vendee is renowned for its excellent micro climate - as much sunshine as the Cote d'Azur - which usually means 5 to 10 degrees hotter than the UK.
The kitchen is fully equipped with all mod cons and the private courtyard has a dining table for up to 8 guests, plus a barbecue for al fresco dining.
This property has two ground floor bedrooms - one with a double bed and the second one with two single beds (a third single bed can be added if required). There is also a sofa bed in the lounge for two further guests. The house is laid out with the bedrooms on the ground floor and living room & kitchen on the first floor - this is perfect for sleeping in the summer, as the bedrooms stay lovely and cool due to the thick stone walls.
There are two bathrooms - one is an en suite to the twin bedded room on the ground floor and the other, on the first floor, has a bath with overhead shower, sink and toilet. There is a separate WC as well.
There is roadside parking just beside the house in this quiet street.
Please note that this house is not suitable for people with limited mobility.
Facilities available at Courtyard House…
- Oven, Hob & Microwave
- Kettle, Toaster, Food Processor & Sandwich Maker
- Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer & Dishwasher
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Wi-Fi secure Internet Access
- TV (with UK satellite & French Terrestial Channels), DVD Player, CD Player
- High Chair & Cot, Playpen & Bath on request
- Bed Linens & Towels
- Barbecue, Sun Loungers and Garden Furniture
- Central Heating, plus 2 Wood Burners
- Courtyard House - Open all year, with any start day apart from Saturday & Sunday, can accommodate short breaks of 5 nights or more from October until May and can be booked for 7 or more nights June to September.
- The rental price includes: bed linen, towels, tea-towels, oven gloves, heating, water, electricity, internet connection and some cleaning supplies (septic tank friendly products).
- A 30% deposit is required to secure your booking.
- The remaining 70%, plus a £120 Damage Deposit is required 8 weeks prior to the start of your holiday.
- We can accept payment in Sterling or Euros, by bank transfer, cheque or Credit Card.
- If you are booking less than 8 weeks before the holiday, then full payment will be needed to secure your reservation.
- We can offer a discount on Ferry Crossings with Brittany Ferries.
- The house will be clean and tidy for your arrival, and it is expected to be left in the same condition, otherwise we reserve the right to take a portion or all of the damage deposit as payment for extra cleaning.
- Rentals start from 4pm on the first day, and end at 10am on the last day.
- This house is not suitable for large groups or parties.
- Dogs are not accepted in this house, as there is only a 90 square metre courtyard outside.
Gites in Sigournais
Vendée Unlimited/Gites in Sigournais
55 St Albans Road
Kingston upon Thames
Telephone: +44 7971 402370